The Snowman: A Harry Hole Novel - Jo Nesbø Yesterday I got an email from the library saying that one of my holds is now available. Last night during the wee hours (thanks, insomnia!) I finished [b:The Snowman|9572203|The Snowman (Harry Hole, #7)|Jo Nesbø||2697052]. This morning when I was getting my things together, including books to return to the library, I thought, "Oh, good, I can check out another [a:Jo Nesbø|904719|Jo Nesbø|] book!"

I almost had to slap myself. I was teetering on the brink of becoming addicted to this series. This book is like crack in that sense. Beware.

The book is really, really good. Edge-of-your-seat exciting, red-herring filled, and easier to relate to than the last Nesbo book I read. In [b:The Devil's Star|498389|The Devil's Star (Harry Hole, #5)|Jo Nesbø||968931], detective Harry Hole was trying to drink himself to death. It was really hard to stomach - one doesn't want one's protagonist to be someone we want to slap. In this book, Harry is sober. I wouldn't say that he's likeable, but he's much easier to ride along with.

There's some gore (it is a murder mystery), and a lot of characters to try to keep track of, but gosh I enjoyed it. If you liked the [a:Stieg Larsson|706255|Stieg Larsson|] books, you'll likely enjoy the Harry Hole series. I recommend it.