What We Talk about When We Talk about God - Rob Bell Rob Bell is enthusiastic, funny, forward-thinking, and generally a right on kinda guy. He has a lot of interesting, hope-filled things to say. I like his message.

A little disappointed with the book because after a while it felt as though he was padding - going over the same bits too much. He had lots of good points, but it was a little hard to find them. I found myself skimming in order to not get bogged down. He struck me as very earnest; the message came across that he really, really, really wants to explain this wonderful thing about God, and is willing to go to great lengths to explain what he means but gets so caught up in the wonderfulness of his ideas that he gets a bit lost but it's all good because everything is just so exciting and tremendous...and rather exhausting.

I have to admit that I was hoping for something like what I hope [b:Fluent in Faith: A Unitarian Universalist Embrace of Religious Language|15847206|Fluent in Faith A Unitarian Universalist Embrace of Religious Language|Jeanne Harrison Nieuwejaar|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1345854034s/15847206.jpg|21591787] will be. I'm hoping that it's about how to talk across religions about what we believe. Rob Bell remains firmly in the Christian tradition. A lot of what he writes has to do with Jesus and the resurrection. The book might have been more accurately titled, "What Christians Talk About When We Talk about God."

Last thing. Never, ever, ever print a book in a sans-serif font. Never.